Grimm's Building Set Stairway
Earn DD Rewards Points!
This unusual building set made of oiled alder wood impresses with its particularly beautiful and unique grain. With the 19 pieces, there are many individual characteristics of nature to discover, such as the different grain and color of the individual pieces, as well as the annual rings or small knotholes. This gem contains more than just stair building blocks. It is an ideal starter construction set with a few large and solid parts that can be assembled into sturdy and stable structures. These are reminiscent of castles or medieval cities. Large windows and gate openings are easily created, but also trickier constructions that will challenge older builders.
Have fun discovering the countless combination of possibilities that arise from connecting the individual parts!
19 buidling blocks with felt in wooden frame.
Materials: alder wood, non-toxic plant based oil finish.
Size: frame length 44,5cm, single blocks 4cm thickness
- Item number: 10212
- recommendation age: 3+
- Age Grade (toy safety): 3+
- Warning! CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3yrs.
What are those markings on my product?
We love wood because it‘s a natural material which will always have various markings that show up in our products, making each one unique. Grimm’s toys are always one a kind, carrying unique marks made by nature. Wood grain has changing structures and colors which serve as proof of its natural origins. The unique variations are proof of quality, not defects. Discover the markings that make your Grimm's toy simply unique!
An outstanding and unique characteristic of all our toys is the velvety surface which arises because we use colour glaze that penetrates into the wood, leaving a matte finish rather than a glossy one. The individual pieces are dipped by hand into the stain and we intentionally do not put a final protective coating on it to preserve the positive characteristics of the wood. Our way of making toys guarantees that they stack more easily with greater play possibilities. Children feel and experience the wood fibres and structure while playing.
- Our colours are non-toxic, water based stains that are absolutely harmless and tested in-depth for colour fastness in contact with saliva. This test uses a liquid comparable to standard human saliva. However, some people’s saliva do vary from the “standard”, so some colour may transfer under those conditions, but the stains are harmless.
- It may sporadically happen with new products that initially some excess colour pigments will get released which results in colour transfer. We recommend wiping the transferred surface with a wet, lint-free cloth to remove colour pigments.
- Also in the case of severe mechanical abrasion, in individual cases, the color pigments on the surface may come off. In addition, it should be avoided to treat the surfaces with a scouring cloth or a scrubbing brush.
Please know that you are holding a natural product in your hands which was enriched with loving care in manual work and colouring technique.