Safari Ltd Wild Safari Wildlife Collection African Elephant
Earn DD Rewards Points!
Arguably the most iconic species of elephant, African elephants are native to sub-Saharan Africa. The biggest difference between Asian and African elephants is that the African species are generally larger, always have tusks, and have much broader ears.
- Scientific Name: Genus Loxodonta
- Characteristics: Did you know that the ears of the African elephant are actually the same shape as the African continent? Don’t believe us? Just take a look at this life-like, scientifically accurate model!
- Size and Color: Standing 6.5 inches long and 4 inches tall, this model is a bit shorter than a 16 oz. water bottle resting on its side and about as tall as a soda can – and is certainly smaller than an actual African elephant! Like its real-life counterpart, this figurine has a slate gray hide and pearlescent white tusks.
- The African elephant is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
- Recommended Age: 3
- Size in cm: 16.5 L x 6 W x 10 H
- Size in inches: 6.5 L x 2.36 W x 3.94 H
- Since 1982, it has been our passion and privilege to make learning fun for children. Our hand-painted learning toys, from dinosaurs to wild animal toys; make the wonders of the world easy to grasp both physically and cognitively. Safari Ltd® mythical creatures take young minds on fanciful journeys that unleash the imagination and promote creative thinking.