Sheepish Grins Lanolin
Earn DD Rewards Points!
This lanolin is rated above pharmaceutical grade with no additives or preservatives.
Two ounces of solid lanolin will go a long way.
Solid lanolin is also used by breastfeeding mothers to help heal sore or cracked nipples.
For dry, chapped hands or lips, try solid lanolin to soothe and repair.
To Use: Add a teaspoon of solid lanolin and a few drops of baby wash/wool wash to very hot water and stir to combine. Add mixture to your wool soak water then immerse your wool item into the lanolin-rich water. Soak your wool a minimum of 15 minutes or over night. Remove extra water from your wool by rolling it in a towel and then allow to dry.
Available in 2 oz, 4 oz, and 8 oz jars.
Lanolizing Wool is so easy.
- fill a sink/large pot with warm water
- warm 4-8 oz of water in the microwave until very hot/boiling
- add 1 tsp -1 tablespoon of lanolin to the cup of hot water
- add a squirt of baby shampoo or wool wash
- stir until all the yellow solids are melted and the water looks white like milk
- add this to the sink/pot of warm water-stir around
- add your wet cover to the water and massage the water into the cover
- let sit for 15 mins - 1 hour (you can weight it down with the butter knife)
- squeeze water out
- roll between two towels or put in the washer on the spin cycle (no water)
- lay flat to dry.
That's it! Very easy and takes about 5 mins total, plus the wait time to let the garment soak in the lanolin water and drying time. Once the cover has been worn, turn it inside out and set aside. You will only need to wash it every few weeks or when it becomes soiled.
If your cover/longies have been laying to dry for a few hours and it is still damp, you can put it in the dryer on the air fluff (no heat cycle), but do not dry for long periods of time.
Feel free to lanolize a few wool items at once, but care for your wool with like colors.
Knits can be worn out of the package or lanolized prior to use, however they do not arrive lanolized.