Best Bottom Insert
Earn DD Rewards Points!
We wanted to keep it simple but know that our customers want choices! We have created two different types of Regular inserts to snap into the shell for everyday use. You can mix and match meeting all preferences and needs. Both insert types are super trim making the Best Bottom one size diapering system one of the trimmest cloth diapers around. We offer each of our Stay Dry and Hemp/Organic Cotton inserts in three different sizes. Sizing is approximate and will depend on size and shape of baby as well as how heavy of a wetter.
Small: birth-14lbs, Medium: 11-22lbs, Large: 16-35lbs.
1. Our Stay Dry Insert consists of 4 layers of super thirsty microfiber topped with a super soft no-pill fleece pulling wetness away from baby's bottom keeping them feeling dry.
2. Our Hemp/Organic Cotton Insert consists of 5 layers of hemp/Certified Organic cotton topped with a soft layer of hemp/Certified Organic cotton fleece. This insert is so trim you will be able to have your baby wear jeans again! Please note that hemp inserts will shrink slightly during first washings making them consistent with the other insert sizing.
We are also adding other optional inserts to accommodate for all situations. Our Overnight option makes cloth diapering at night with no leaks a breeze! Each Overnight insert consists of 6 layers of super thirsty microfiber made to fit with any Regular insert option of the same size. Snap in the Overnight option and snap a Regular insert on top.
Oh so easy!!
Before first use the shells, stay dry inserts, and overnight inserts only need to be washed one time. Hemp/Organic Cotton inserts need to be washed 4-6 times to reach full absorbency. Please note that hemp inserts will shrink slightly during first washings making them consistent with the other insert sizing.
1. Remove solids
2. Either reuse the shell until soiled or wash day. Separate shell from insert before washing. Fasten laundry tabs (if applicable).
3. Rinse cold, wash warm/hot with 1/4-1/2 additive-free detergent, rinse (warm or cold).
4. Tumble dry or line dry. No fabric softeners or rash creams (if you need to use rash creams put a barrier between baby and diaper for example a flushable liner or reusable wipe work great).
We recommend washing every 2-3 days. We have found that the Best Bottom system washes beautifully as it takes up less space in your washing machine allowing more room for agitation getting your diapers super clean.